Saturday, October 15, 2011

No chaos, no creation...

  Somehow, I thought things would be different. I don't really know why I thought that, after all, I havealways been this way, why would I change so drastically in the later part of my fourth decade?
  When I designed my new studio, I put a lot of thought into it, after all, this was my reward for twenty hard years of child rearing, doing without, and choosing other's needs above my own... So I planned, and I built, and I put together, rather quickly, my perfect place. Yet somehow through it all I thought I would have less frantic time spent in here, calmer, less interupted stretches of time, and that would translate into a well ordered, clean, tidy, "i can finally find everything" place...
  Sigh...
But, what fun I am having, making my mess!
So thank you, Mason Cooley for this quote; "No chaos, no creation..."

4 comments:

  1. A friend of mine got a pillow from her mother-in-law once that that said something like that and we just had to laugh at her "Nice" way of saying you don't keep a very clean house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quote! I'll just have to tell myself that to convince myself that my crazy art area is ok and necessary!

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can totally relate! Good intentions just aren't enough I guess:0

    ReplyDelete