Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Taking Flight

I finally made the tremendous decision to take Kelly Rae Roberts E-course: Flying Lessons. This was very difficult for me to do, I always have trouble spending money on myself, and the price seemed steep. I must say I am having a wonderful time, and learning a lot.
   The first couple days have been about facing your fears about starting a creative business. Identifying them, honoring then, and letting them go. I really didn't think they applied to me, but when I found myself crying over some of the prompts, I had to reconsider. Perhaps there is more of a self defeatist hiding inside than I ever knew, and it is about time she was dragged out, kicking and screaming, into the light. Perhaps, like the Wicked Witch of the West, I can splash her with a bit of water and she will melt into a powerless puddle of lost opportunity and sorrow. Then I can see what I am really capable of, and somehow find my voice again.
 Perhaps I can find it in my heart (and purse) to attend the Artfest Retreat next spring, something I have talked about for years, but never thought I could do...

No comments:

Post a Comment